We all experience moments when we feel like giving up.
Whether it’s a challenging job, relationship struggles, or an unachievable goal, the feeling of despair can be overwhelming and hard to shake off.
But in those dark times inspirational quotes can be a source of strength and motivation to keep going.
When you need some extra courage and determination to power through your current situation, these uplifting words from wise people will help you remember that no matter how tough the journey may seem right now, there is always hope for brighter days ahead.
Here are a few of our favorites:
- “The only way out is through.” – Robert Frost
- “It’s only after you’ve stepped outside your comfort zone that you begin to change, grow, and transform.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “Fall down seven times and stand up eight.” – Japanese Proverb
- “If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you.” – Fred DeVito
- “So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key.” – Eagles, “Already Gone”
- “I can’t think of any better representation of beauty than someone who is unafraid to be herself.” – Emma Stone
- “Sometimes you don’t realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness.” – Susan Gale
- “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
- “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain
- “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
- “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “You have power over your mind—not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas A. Edison
- “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “One of the most courageous decisions you’ll ever make is to finally let go of what is hurting your heart and soul.” – Brigitte Nicole
- “Press on: Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.” – Calvin Coolidge
- “The moment you’re ready to quit is usually the moment right before the miracle happens. Don’t give up.” – Unknown
- “You just can’t beat the person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth
No matter how difficult things may seem, never give up—you can get through any challenge as long as you stay determined and keep pushing forward.
When all else fails and the going gets tough, these quotes can provide us with a bit of encouragement to help us keep on keeping on!